Everest base camp helicopter tour is a Heli ride to base camp Everest that takes about 4 to 5 hours to complete. This tour offers amazing views of mountains, hills, woods, rivers, lakes, settlements, and many more. You will not only enjoy the aerial view of the mountains but also get a chance to step foot on the vantage point, Kala Patthar, and have a crystal clear tellurian view of Mount Everest. The journey starts from Kathmandu airport early in the morning and pauses at the places like Lukla, Pheriche, Kala Patthar, and Hotel Everest for the purpose of Defueling, maintaining shuttle, exploring around, and relishing Himalayan breakfast respectively.
Mountain flight is an hour-long flyover tour in the Everest region of Nepal. Starting and ending the flight in Kathmandu airport, this exotic mountain flight grants the opportunity to experience the beautiful Himalayan peaks and ranges, including the world's highest peak, Mount Everest (8848.86 meters). As this is a flyover tour, the flight will not stop for fueling, shutting, exploration, or any other purposes. It is a short but unforgettable journey in which one will fly with the clouds perceiving the beautiful scenery of Mount Everest region.
Everest base camp helicopter tour versus mountain flight to Everest
There are many differences between these two tours - the EBC Heli tour and the Mountain flight to Everest. Here, the mountain flight is a short tour to the Everest region which takes approximately an hour to complete whereas the Everest base camp helicopter tour lasts for 4 to 5 hours. Both flights have the starting point, Kathmandu airport, and the destination is the Mount Everest region, however, the trip type makes them different from each other.
In mountain flight, the travelers will take a flight seat and fly across the region only, whereas, the helicopter tour to Mount Everest offers the landing opportunity at different Everest places. Also, the terrestrial view of Mount Everest and the neighboring environment is not possible with mountain flight.
For more comparative details between Mount Everest base camp helicopter tours and mountain flights in Everest Himalayas, we have listed the benefits and drawbacks of both flight trips. Check them out.
Pros of Everest base camp helicopter tour
- Stunning helicopter flight to Everest region along with an amazing window-seated aerial view of Kathmandu valley.
- Landing at the well-known viewpoint of Everest region - Kala Patthar (5644 meters).
- Moments to experience both aerial and tellurian views of mountains like Mount Everest, Cholatse, Cho-Oyu, Nuptse, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse, and so forth.
- Lifetime experience of having breakfast at Hotel Everest View - the highest placed hotel in the world at an altitude of 3880 meters.
- You can have a 360-degree view of the Himalayas from the helicopter.
Cons of Everest base camp helicopter tour
- Expensive in comparison to mountain flights.
- There is a limited seat of 5 persons only in a helicopter.
Pros of mountain flight to Everest
- Fly over to the Everest region within an hour.
- Amazing view of natural flora and fauna.
- Experience mountain views like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, Mt. Makalu, and many more from the windows.
- Can be a suitable alternative for strictly time-bounded people.
Cons of mountain flight to Everest
- The flight will not land at any point, so you will miss the close terrain views of the Everest surrounding.
- Miss out the breakfast at the highest hotel in the world - Hotel Everest View.
- No guarantee of getting window seats for all travelers.
Both Mount Everest base camp helicopter tours and mountain flights are superior in their own way. If you have a short period of time which means a few hours and you want to view Mount Everest from the sky only, the mountain flight is the best option. But if you have a day for the tour and you want to land on the world's highest viewpoint, then the Everest base camp helicopter tour is the ideal choice for you.
Similarly, mountain flight takes a shorter time than Everest base camp helicopter tour. Mountain flight is comparatively cheaper than the Everest Helicopter tour. Mountain flight is just a special flyover flight around the Himalayas of Nepal, whereas Everest helicopter tour is a Heli charter service with different landing opportunities. Some of the landing points include Lukla, Kalapathar, Pheriche, and Hotel Everest View.
So, buckle up and make plans for viewing Mount Everest - the best jewel of Nepal and the highest peak of the world from close. For any queries about these trips and detailed information about the quotations, contact us on the following quick contact particulars:
Nepal Mobile (+977 9801017030 - Binod Sapkota) 24 Hrs Available on WhatsApp, Viber, or WeChat.